Sunday, January 23

Lamprey, Intolerance

Parasitic Sea Lamprey

The sea lamprey can grow up to 35.5 inches long. It uses it's suction cup-like mouth to attach to a host and bores through the host's flesh with its rasping teeth and bony tongue in order to feed on the host's blood and bodily fluids.


Ink and watercolor
 
Intolerance -Tool

I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in apathetic existence either. See I want to believe you, and I want to trust you and I want to have faith to put away the dagger. But you lie, cheat and steal. And yet I tolerate you. Veil of virtue hung to hide your method while I smile and laugh and dance and sing your praise and glory. Shroud of virtue hung to mask your stigma as I smile and laugh and dance and sing your glory while you lie, cheat and steal. How can I tolerate you. Our guilt, our blame, I've been far too sympathetic. Our blood, our fault. I've been far too sympathetic. I am not innocent. You are not innocent. No one is innocent. I will no longer tolerate you. Even if I must go down beside you. Because no one is innocent.


Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment